Where we are
The Institute for Health and Consumer Protection of the Joint Research Centre (JRC) is located in Ispra (Northern Italy). Via E. Fermi 2749 21027 Ispra (Varese) Italy
The closest major city is Milan (approximately 60 km south-east), and the region is best served by the Malpensa International Airport (located about 30 km from the JRC).
More information can be found on the web sites of the Province of Varese and the Municipality of Ispra.
Arrival by plane
Malpensa The distance between Malpensa Airport and JRC is about 30 km (around 30 minutes car ride). A cab ride from Malpensa to the JRC would normally cost around euro 45 (one way).
Linate The distance between Linate and JRC is about 95 km (around 1 hour and 15 minutes car ride). The nearest train station is Milano Centrale and for Malpensa it is Gallarate. From either of these stations, you can take a train to Sesto Calende. A taxi service is available just outside the station.
Arrival by car
- From Milan On the highway, follow signs for Autostrada Laghi (A8) to Gravellona Toce and Gallarate.
- Take exit at Sesto Calende.
- Travel on SS 394 towards Laveno - Luino.
- On SS 394, turn left at the traffic light (after 7 km) in Travedona-Monate
- Follow the signs CCR ISPRA towards Cadrezzate and Ispra. The road will take you right to the JRC-Ispra entrance.
- From Switzerland Arriving from San Gottardo or San Benardino (CH), continue along the A2 and then the A9.
- Take A8 after Saronno towards Gallarate and Sesto Calende and then as above. The signs CCR ISPRA will bring you to the entrance of the JRC.
Find more information on page 'Living and working in Ispra'.