Quality Management System
The Institute for Health and Consumer Protection has developed and maintains a Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with the requirements of the ISO 9001:2008 standards.
The implementation of the Quality Management System is mainly aimed at:
Supporting the implementation of the IHCP policy, strategy and objectives
Ensuring that customer's needs and expectations are pursued and fulfilled
Improving the Institute performance, via:
- use of the Quality Management Principles
- better definition of the key roles and responsibilities within the Institute
- definition of measurable objectives for relevant functions and levels
- orientation to "continual improvement" and "customer satisfaction"
- attention to resources and the improvement of staff competences and satisfaction
The QMS covers all research, development, production work and services executed and/or managed by IHCP.
IHCP is ISO 9001 certified since 2009 and also maintains the ISO 17025 accreditation for its European Union Reference Laboratories (EURLs) operating in the field of Genetically Modified Food and Feed (EURL-GMFF) and Food Contact Materials (EURL-FCM), as well as for its European Office for Wines, Alcohol and Spirit Drinks (BEVABS). Moreover the Institute is implementing Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) standards for the operational laboratory activities of the European Centre for the Validation of Alternative Methods.