Emission Scenario Documents
Emission scenario documents (ESDs) are used to estimate the initial release of substances from biocidal products (or treated materials) to the environment. ESDs for several product types were developed in the EUBEES I and II projects. In addition, ESDs for some product types were developed by the OECD.
All finalised ESDs for biocides are available here, where the ESDs are presented per product type in separate folders. In these folders, relevant additional guidance and information is also presented.
In addition, the following workshop reports are presented:
- workshop on the determination of the leaching rate for PT 08;
- workshop on the determination of the leaching rate for PT 21;
- workshop on environmental risk assessment for PT 18;
- workshop on the environmental risk assessment for PT 01 - 06.
For antifouling products PT21, the model MAMPEC version 2.5 is used for release estimation. This model can be downloaded from the CEPE (European Council of the Paint, Printing Ink and Artists' Colours Industry) or from the Delft Hydraulics Software web site. Recently, MAMPEC version 3.0 was released and can be downloaded from the same web-sites.
- Risk Assessment of Biocides
- The Evaluation Process
- Substances listed (and non-listed) in Annex I and IA
- Guidance Documents
- Emission Scenario Documents (ESDs)