Workshop "Applied Genomics in the Clinic"
Applications of new tools in the field of rare diseases and non invasive prenatal diagnostics
Oct 17, 2012 08:00 AM
Oct 19, 2012 12:30 AM
|Contact Name||JRC, Mrs Laura Gribaldo|
The Joint Research Centre, Institute for Health and Consumer Protection organises a workshop focusing on the application of new tools of genomics to clinical diagnostics. The (tentative) program includes a half day demonstration event scheduled as a hands-on case study for participants.
Within the context of JRC Enlargement and Integration Activities (E&IA), the workshop will foster exchange of good practices and improve the participants' knowledge on current and foreseen future regulations, as well as scientific, technical and clinical methods. Via functional networking, it will raise awareness of related EU policies implementation, and provide scientific and technical support to representatives of the Countries in the E&IA focus in incorporating emerging –omic technologies in both bedside healthcare and general public health.
This workshop is organized by the JRC with the participation of experts from the New Member States and Associated Countries. As foreseen in the framework of the 'Enlargement & integration action', the Joint Research Centre gives scientific and technical support to countries on the road towards EU membership, New Member States and Associated Countries. It supports the transfer of the EU legal framework (acquis communautaire) to national legislation and facilitates scientific and technical exchange.
- Deadline for application (postponed): 8 October 2012
Participants will be selected among responsibles for clinical genetics departments/hospitals/universities/health authorities in the targeted countries.
- Country of origin of participants: Focus on participants from New Member States, Candidate Countries, Potential Candidate Countries, FP7 Associated Countries, on an ad hoc basis European Neighbourhood Policy Countries and Russia.
- For more information please read this detailed description
- JRC contact for further information and application (until 8 October 2012): email@example.com
(please note that this email replaces the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox previously mentioned on this web page)
- List of all workshops organised by the JRC-IHCP in 2012 in the framework of the 'Enlargement and Integration Initiative'