About this site
Who is behind this site?
The IHCP website is managed by the Institute for Health and Consumer Protection (IHCP), one of the scientific institutes of the European Commission Joint Research Centre (JRC).
The key objective of our website is to increase knowledge of the activities of the Institute for Health and Consumer Protection (IHCP) among interested citizens, stakeholders, businesses and journalists, providing them with clear, up to date and easily navigable information.
How to use this site
to take, as a starting point, the IHCP five main 'Areas', listed here:
- For each 'Area', you'll find a dedicated web page (e.g. Nanotechnology)
- On the right-hand side of each 'Area' page, you'll find lists of links to 'Related Topics', 'Related Areas', 'Related Databases', 'Related Laboratories' and 'Glossary items'.
- 'Related Topics' represent more detailed domains of IHCP intervention (e.g. Nano & Alternatives to animal testing).
- On the bottom of each 'Area' or 'Topic' page, you'll find small 'containers' sections including dynamically updated 'News' and 'Deliverables'.
- 'News' include 'Highlights', 'Publications', 'Events', 'Calls', 'Consultations', 'Multimedia'.
- 'Deliverables' include 'Alerts', 'Reports', 'Tools', 'Workshops'.
- Please note that a container will only be visible if content exists for that typology of news. This means that if no Consultation is open for a specific Areaor Topic, no 'Consultations' container will be displayed on the relevant page.
- Clicking on 'see all' in each 'container', you'll get the complete list of these items (related to the specific Area or Topic). For instance, on 'Nanotechnology' web page, clicking on see all inside the container News:Highlights, you'll get the full list of Nanotech-related highlights.
- Each News or Deliverables container is associated with a specific RSS feed (click on icon), to which you can subscribe (see below).
On this page you'll find more on IHCP RSS feeds and how to use them.
Follow us on Twitter!
The European Commission Joint Research Centre, Institute for Health and Consumer Protection (JRC-IHCP) manages fourTwitter accounts:
- @EC_JRC_IHCPnews - managed by the JRC-IHCP web team on behalf of the JRC-IHCP Directorate
- @EURL-FCM - managed by the European Union Reference Laboratory for Food Contact Materials (EURL-FCM), hosted by the JRC-IHCP
- @IHCPNutritionEU - managed by the Nutritionists' team of the JRC-IHCP Public Health Unit
- @EURL_ECVAM - managed by the JRC-IHCP web team on behalf of the European Union Reference Laboratory for Alternatives to Animal Testing (EURL ECVAM) and the JRC-IHCP Systems Toxicity Unit
JRC-IHCP teams maintain these social media platforms to enhance public access to information about their initiatives (scientific/technical support to EU legislation on chemicals, food & consumer products) and European Union policies related to health and consumer protection in general.
Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them.
However the European Commission Joint Research Centre, Institute for Health and Consumer Protection accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information on these platforms. This information is of a general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity. It is not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date. It is sometimes linked to external sites over which the European Commission Joint Research Centre, Institute for Health and Consumer Protection services have no control and for which they assume no responsibility.
If you follow us we will not automatically follow you back. However, being followed by us does not imply endorsement of any kind. Similarly, retwitting doesn't constitute any endorsement to that tweet.
We welcome feedback and ideas from all our followers. If you want to contact us for official correspondence please use the following email:
Web content management system
This site is created with Plone®, a free and open source content management system released under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
The Plone® CMS/WCM is © 2000–2010 the Plone Foundation and friends.
Plone® and the Plone logo are registered trademarks of the Plone Foundation.
For general information ans news about Plone®, visit http://plone.org/.
Tag Cloud Map
Our WP Cumulus Flash tag cloud was developed by Roy Tanck; it requires Flash Player 9. WP-Cumulus displays our tags in 3D by placing them on a rotating sphere. It uses a Flash movie that rotates them in 3D. Clicking the tags you get the appropriate page(s) and file(s).
Photos/Images - Credits
The copyright rights for photos and pictures included in this site are specified in their alternative text. Except where otherwise stated, photos are Copyright © European Communities. See also our general legal notice.
Several external links are included in this website, related to web content which is not under the responsibility of the Institute for Health and Consumer Protection (IHCP). These links, notably those included in the Glossary section, provide additional information that may be useful or interesting and is being provided consistent with the intended purpose of the IHCP web site. However, the IHCP cannot attest to the accuracy of information provided by this link or any other linked site. Providing links to a non-IHCP web site does not constitute an endorsement by IHCP of the sponsors of the site or the information or products presented on the site.
An electronic contact form is available for all questions related to IHCP domains of activity.
Phone contact & Postal address
See this page.
Feedback on technical aspects
Your feedback is most welcome: please send it to the IHCP web team's functional mailbox.